Your beautiful natural hair is hungry and needs food! There are so many recipes that you can serve up to your luscious locks that will pump up the shine, moisture, and bounce. But, it is important to know why these ingredients are good for your hair so that you can become your own mixtress and cook up hair recipes yourself! So, let’s go over the basics:
1. Castor oil- This oil is great for moisturizing your scalp, helps with frizz and split ends, as well as promoting hair growth.
2. Coconut oil- This great oil is packed full of fatty goodness that your hair will love you for. It is a great moisturizer and conditioner and works amazingly when mixed with shea butter.
3. Olive oil- Olive oil is full of nutrients that your hair longs for. It restores your hair after heat damage and extreme weather. It also helps protect your hair from brittleness and dryness. Best of all, it gives you amazing shine.
Fruits and Veggies
1. Bananas- Along with providing moisture, shine, and dandruff protection; bananas increase the elasticity of your hair. This will help to prevent breakage and split ends! Great, I know!
2. Avocados- I have talked about avocados before but let’s just do a quick recap. Avocados provide amazing shine and softness to your natural hair. They also encourage hair growth.
Honey- Honey is amazing for pulling in the moisture from the atmosphere into your hair. You can also use this as a deep conditioner as well. The effects will last for at least a week.
Vegetable Glycerin- This works similarly to honey. It pulls in the moisture from the atmosphere to your hair to provide long-lasting shine and ward off dryness. The main difference is that you can use Vegetable glycerin in your styling creams or as a deep conditioner. I don’t advise using honey as a styling cream!
Mango Butter- Mango butter is great for restoring moisture and shine to your hair. It is similar to shea butter except it is much lighter. That component makes it great for summer time use!
Those are the basics! Now go cook up something yummy for your hair! If you like this post and want to get the latest on the natural hair world and giveaways, click the subscribe button!